The US dollar (USD, “Greenback”) is the most widely traded currency in the world. The issuer is the Federal Reserve System(the Fed).
- Is the most popular reserve currency, held by central banks, financial institutions and private investors
- Is considered as a “safe haven” currency in periods of instability due to universally recognized reliability of the US economy
- Is used as a standard payment unit in commodity markets
The Canadian dollar (CAD, “Loonie”) is the 7th most traded currency in the world. The issuer is the Bank of Canada.
- Is affected by its neighbor country, USA economy.
- Refers to "commodity" currencies, as the economy of Canada depends on commodity export (particularly, energy, wood and oil
Start trading with IFC Markets
USD Exchange Rate today
Daily Forex market turnover is 5.1 trillion. Start earning now.
Trading is mostly about making Right Forecast.
Practice your trading.